Reply
Hello world
Replies: 7   Views: 1448  Subscribers: 4

Posted by LiteSpeed · 23-05-2012 - 01:13

Hello all,

My name is LiteSpeed.
I code in quite a few languages, including but not limited to C#, C++, Perl, C, PHP, HTML, CSS, and last but not least Lua ­[:biggrin:]­

I know Justin and have joined this forum before but it looks like it got wiped out by one of the Forum/DB crashes :/­

Posted by reece · 23-05-2012 - 11:55

Edited by reece · 12-11-2012 - 05:22
Welcome back.

­
LiteSpeed
I know Justin and have joined this forum before but it looks like it got wiped out by one of the Forum/DB crashes :/­
Yeah it was an unfortunate incident. Though fortunately the loss was not too heavy as we were still in very early days. The issue was one in part caused by Plesk, the rest was my own fault. I was trying to set up a Subdomain through Plesk which was fine but while setting up the vhost.conf configuration file for the subdomain (following a guide!) it seemed to have brought everything down. I promptly removed the file but nothing changed, tried removing the subdomain as-well. But whatever the issue was that was causing it would not go away. Not realising that the database was within the domain folder, i removed the domain and re-added it. Then once i redeployed the website i realised what i had done, but it was too late it was unrecoverable after that. The good news though is i learnt 2 things. Firstly turn out automatic backups, which i have now, and secondly manually run the backup prior to any update deployments. Considering i was following a guide it was frustrating to say the least what happened. When i look at the guide now though I see what the issue was. I have to admit, it was a 3rd party guide on a blog. Though what technically minded developer/administrator has not sourced knowledge from such places in the past. I think at some point everyone has looked and not found what we needed to know in the mainstream documentation and knowledge bases. Lastly i believe i know what caused the issue. I think it was caused by the vhost.conf on the subdomain redirecting output of the symfony2 which i placed there. It was attempting to write from the subdomains SF2 cache into the main domains SF2 cache. This caused a problem with changing permissions and as a result, the main site could not read or write to the cache. In my own view a hard lesson learnt is best learnt early when the damage is less than that of what it might be later on. I certainly won't be making such mistakes in the future.­

Posted by Justin · 24-05-2012 - 22:01

Edited by Justin · 24-05-2012 - 22:24
A DB/Forum crash just happened on another forum I was registered to. Coincidentally it also seemed to be in the early stages. So this is a common issue that arises sometimes and is understandable in early development, just learn from the mistake and make sure things don't screw up in the future. Most important thing you mentioned was backup before update deployment, glad to see you got things under control now Reece. Btw, hi LiteSpeed, nice to see you around. ­[:smile:]­

Posted by Justin · 24-05-2012 - 22:04

A DB/Forum crash just happened on another forum I was registered to. Coincidentally it also seemed to be in the early stages. So this is a common issue that arises sometimes and is understandable in early development, just learn from the mistake and make sure things don't screw up in the future. Most important thing you mentioned was backup before update deployment, glad to see you got things under control now Reece. Also, Hi LiteSpeed glad to see you around. ­[:smile:]­

Posted by elgabox · 28-04-2014 - 16:29

Hi everybody there!­

Posted by azerty2169 · 02-07-2014 - 10:15

Hello world !! Hello world !!­

Posted by zelda2 · 12-07-2014 - 17:48

Deleted by zelda2 · 12-07-2014 - 17:59

Posted by zelda2 · 12-07-2014 - 17:49

Deleted by zelda2 · 12-07-2014 - 18:00